Happy happy happy thanksgiving everyone! Thanksgiving is an amazing time to celebrate the amazing year thus far and enjoy great food and good company. I am a huge fan of all thanksgiving foods (minus of course the Turkey since I don’t eat Turkey.) The warm comforting flavors of squash, cornbread, green beans, yams, mashed potatoes, & stuffing make me wish it was Thanksgiving more than once a year. But no thanksgiving is complete without pie!!
Now I know most pie-litists would frown upon putting a pumpkin pie in a graham cracker crust, but I disagree. The crumble texture of the graham crackers is such a great compliment to the pumpkin and melts in your mouth. I LOVE it. These little pies are great to take into the office as a Thanksgiving treat or for a simple little taste of thanksgiving year round.
Ingredients (yield’s 12 two and half inch mini pies)
1. Preheat oven to 325 F
2. Combine melted butter and graham crackers and press into 12 small mini pie or tart molds
3. Combine pumpkin, condensed milk, and spices thoroughly. Add in cornstarch as a thickener.
4. Fill each crust to the top. They will rise a very small amount in the oven, but then settle back to the original height.
5. Bake for 25 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan (to avoid the crust breaking).
6. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!