Mango Kulfi Pops! (no cook)
I absolutely love kulfi. If you haven’t tried it, kulfi is a decadent indian ice cream usually shaped in a cone and flavored with pistachio, cardamom, and sometimes mango. I have fond memories of my aunt making me kulfi as a kid in the traditional cone shaped Aluminum molds. I figured it was about time that I made it myself. After reading tons of recipes for kulfi, I found this one by Aarti Sequeira and thought it was worth adapting to more traditional flavors. To be honest, sometimes I post a recipe that feels like cheating. This is definitely one of those times. This recipe involves absolutely no cooking. Instead, the steps are simple: mix, freeze, and eat. What could be better than that?
Pro-tip: If you don’t have popsicle holders, use any small jars/containers that you have and eat it with a spoon.
- 1 C heavy cream
- 1/2 C mango pulp
- 12 ounce can Evaporate milk
- 8 ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 t Saffron
- 1 T water
- 1/2 t Cardamom Powder
- Pistachios for topping
- Mix together water and saffron in a small bowl. Combine all ingredients together.
- Pour into popsicle molds or kulfi containers (if you have them!)
- Freeze 4 hours minimum (but overnight is a safe bet)
- Top with pistachios and enjoy!