Celebrating Cinco de Mayo 🇲🇽 with the beautiful bounty of spring! Elote is one of my favorite dishes. The combo of sweet corn, spicy chili, salty cotija, and tart lime is just perfection! Traditionally mayo or crema are used in making elote, but I prefer yogurt for a healthier version of this craveable treat.
- 4 ears of corn
- 1 lime in wedges, plus zest
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 C greek yogurt
- cilantro to garnish
- cotija to garnish (or grated parmesan in a pinch)
- Grill corn on an open flame until charred. I use my gas stove, but a BBQ/grill would also work
- Combine yogurt, spices, and lemon zest
- Brush corn with lemon wedge
- Cover with yogurt mixture on all sides
- Top with cotija and cilantro and serve hot with a cold beer! Enjoy!