Sorry guys for the blogging hiatus but I’ve had a crazy July. I went on an amazing week long vacation with some of my closest friends to Puerto Vallarta. It was so great to be away from the business of the real world and spend some time relaxing by the pool, laying out at the beach, snorkeling, and zip lining! All in all a great vaca 😀
In honor of the amazingness that was mexico and great summer produce, here is a quick and easy recipe for Corn Jalapeño Salsa off of my summer to-do list!
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 2-3 ears of corn cut off the cobb or a can of corn
- 1/2 red onion (1/4 inch dice)
- a handful of cilantro (I love cilantro and tend to go over board with it)
- 3 jalapeños minced (you can adjust this if you don’t like spice)
- 1/2 lime
- 1 t salt
- 1 t cayenne pepper
- Chips for serving
1. Combine tomatoes, corn, red onion, and jalapeño in a bowl.
2. Add in juice of half a lime, salt, 3/4 of the cilantro and cayenne and mix together thoroughly.
3. Add the remaining bit of cilantro as garnish.
This recipe is ridiculously easy and makes for an amazing, light, healthy snack! Enjoy!