My sister, brother-in-law, and nephew just came to California to visit, so I wanted to make them something cute. Brownie bites are fun because they are so easy to snack on and can be shared without much hassle. They also travel well if you are looking to mail someone a package. It’s really unfortunate that my nephew is too young to eat real food yet, but I figured he could appreciate looking at them 🙂
Below is my favorite brownie recipe… It’s eggless and uses yogurt to keep the amount of oil/fat to a minimum. Makes really chewy brownies!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Mix together all dry ingredients (cocoa, flour, salt, baking powder, sugar)
3. Mix together wet ingredients in a separate bowl (water, yogurt, oil, vanilla)
4. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine completely without over-mixing. Then add in the chocolate chips and stir.
5. Bake for 10 minutes in a small brownie bites pan like this one I got from Michael’s. Make sure to spray the pan before- these brownies will stick!
6. Let cool completely then decorate with chocolate, sprinkles, etc. I used melted white and semisweet chocolate and a variety of small colored sprinkles to decorate mine! (I also highly recommend eating a few while they are hot out of the oven with vanilla ice cream- YUM!)