Holi is just around the corner, so this is the perfect time to create a desi-inspired holiday treat. This panna cotta recipe uses the lovely earthiness of cardamom and ginger to create a desi twist on a classic italian treat. The lemon curd topping is all you need for a little acidic kick at the end. Perfect for the holiday (or any day really!)
Hope you try it soon!
- 2 C heavy cream
- 1 inch peeled ginger
- 8-10 smashed cardamom pods
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 1/4 C cold water
- 3 teaspoons of gelatin powder (Note: agar agar is my go to vegan substitute and I keep the ratio 1:1)
- Lemon curd (I used this one from Hurley Farms)
- Sprinkle gelatin on top of water in a bowl and set aside for 7 minutes.
- Smash cardamom pods to release internal seeds and put in a tea strainer or cheesecloth with ginger
- Heat heavy cream, sugar, and spices until sugar melts and mixture barely comes to a boil. Remove from heat and remove spice pouch. Allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in gelatin mixture until completely dissolved.
- Pour into glass containers and chill for 3 hours to set up.
- Top with lemon curd and serve!