You really can’t go wrong with sweet potatoes. They are packed with vitamin A, delicious in flavor, and super versatile. This tart combines sweet potato, spinach, and a few other ingredients you probably have at home!
- 1 sheet puff pasty (I used store bought)
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 C raw spinach
- 6 oz skim ricotta
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 t salt
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 T pesto (or store bought)
- 1 T red chili flake
- Preheat the oven to 325
- Peel and slice your sweet potato into 1/8 inch rounds. Toss in olive oil.
- Arrange puff pasty in a pie tie and trim edges. Piece the center with a fork to prevent excessive puffing. Bake sweet potato and puff pastry for 15 minutes.
- Combine garlic and spinach in a pot and cook until spinach is wilted and soft. Add in pesto, chili flake, salt and ricotta and turn off heat.
- Remove pastry dough and cover with spinach mixture. Top with the sweet potato as densely as you wish..
- Bake for 20 minutes until crust is golden brown and crispy. Enjoy!