Kale gets a bad reputation. People tend to have strong negative feelings towards it because of its outward bitterness and rough texture, but it’s actually a really great green. Beyond being rich in fiber, iron, and antioxidants it really can be flavorful it treated well. I like to use it in salads or sauté it in stir frys, etc., but this preparation is probably my favorite. Kale chips make a delightful little snack that is SUPER easy to make.
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 2 t. cayenne
- 1 sprig fresh dill
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Remove stems and cut kale into 2-3 inch long sections. You can also remove the center stalk (which can be tough) though it is perfectly okay to eat it as well.
3. In a bowl combine olive oil and dill.
4. Add in salt, black pepper, and cayenne and whisk thoroughly.
5. Coat kale pieces is olive oil mixture by tossing completely several times and spread them out onto a foil lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 30 minutes and serve either hot or cold!