Tzatziki is like middle eastern raita… No wonder I’m obsessed with it. It’s really refreshing to dip pita or veggies into on a hot day and is SO easy to make. I’m pretty sure this doesn’t constitute cooking. It’s basically just an exercise in mixing things together, but it’s so good that I needed to share!
- 2 C greek yogurt
- 1/2 large cucumber, peeled & grated
- juice half a lemon
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 C chopped dill
- 1 t each cumin, salt, pepper
1. Great the cucumber finely. Some prefer to de-seed first. Allow the excess water to drip off so the dip doesn’t become too runny.
2. Combine yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, spices, and dill in a bowl.
3. Refrigerate or serve immediately with veggie and pita!