I don’t think it is okay to have a baking blog without a few good recipes for chocolate chip cookies. This one uses oatmeal and applesauce to not only be healthier, but also stay super soft and chewy. Hope you enjoy it!
- 1/2 C Butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C white sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 3/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1.5 C quick-cook Oats (I used Quaker brand)
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1 C semisweet choc chips
- 1 T applesauce
1. Preheat oven to 325 F
2. Cream together butter and white and brown sugars.
3. Beat in egg and vanilla and applesauce.
4. Slowly add in and mix all dry ingredients. Make sure to add in the chocolate chips last and don’t over mix your cookies. I use the slowest setting on my KitchenAid to add in the dry ingredients, then stop the mixer and hand stir in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
5. Place spoonfuls on a cookie sheet and bake for 11 minutes. (Hint: For perfect round cookies try using a muffin tin!)