This is my go to salad for work. There is nothing complicated about it, but it’s healthy and it preserves well in the fridge. I honestly make it all the time because it’s one of those salads that doesn’t leave you feeling hungry two hours after you eat it. The quinoa and chickpeas give it lots of protein which is great for a vegetarian salad.
1. Cook and cool quinoa according to package instructions, usually 2:1 water to quinoa
2. Prep all ingredients: slice tomatoes in half, drain and rinse garbanzo and artichoke hearts, slice bell peppers.
3. Place greens in a bowl. Add juice from 1/2 lemon and massage to get rid of some of the kale’s bitterness.
4. Layer garbanzo, cooled quinoa, and all veggies.
5. Whisk together garlic, olive oil, dijon, lemon juice, and salt.
6. Toss the salad with the dressing and serve cold! This easily could make 3 large lunch salads. Enjoy!