I hosted a Friendsgiving two weeks ago to celebrate the arrival of the holidays with some of my closest girlfriends in San Francisco. If you’ve never done a Friendsgiving before, I highly recommend it. It’s an awesome way to share stories and catch up over some delicious food and wine. I decided to make Pumpkin Lasagna for the group because its a great dish that serves a lot of people, tastes delicious, and is easy to make!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium saucepan, saute spinach and allow it to cool.
3. Mix together the spinach, with 1 egg, almonds, and canned pumpkin.
4. Meanwhile, boil salted water and cook pasta using package instructions (usually about 8-10 mins)
5. Dice the onion and garlic.
6. Cook the garlic and onion together in a saute pan until it becomes lightly translucent.
7. Add in the tomato sauce, basil, salt, and pepper until the sauce has heated through completely.
8. On the side, combine the ricotta, parmesan, and 1 C mozzarella.
9. In a deep baking dish layer the ingredients. Start with sauce, then cooked lasagna sheets, then spinach and pumpkin mixture, and then cheese mixture. Repeat once and then top with an additional layer of pasta, tomato sauce, and remaining 1 C mozzarella.
10. Bake for 35 minutes and allow to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!