When I was in college, I loved going to this coffee shop in La Jolla called Pannikin (http://pannikincoffeeandtea.com/) They had a great little patio area, free wi-fi and these delicious little pastries that were made of graham cracker, nuts, coconut, and many types of chocolate. This is my version of that great dessert! This is a really easy recipe that doesn’t involve much measuring or accuracy. It’s a good one for a beginner.
- 4 Cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 T butter
- 1 T cinnamon
- 12 oz. can sweetener condensed milk
- unsweeted coconut flakes
- chocolate chips
- chopped walnuts
- white chocolate chips
- butterscotch chips
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. Combine graham crackers with melted butter and press into an 8” pie pan. I have used the ready bake graham cracker crusts before and they work fine too!
3. Layer chopped walnuts to completely cover the bottom crust.
4. Add layers of butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, and chocolate chips. These do not need to be completely covering, but should be relatively equal.
5. Completely cover all the layers with the unsweetened coconut flakes.
6. Combine cinnamon and condensed milk and pour generously over the entire combination.
7. Bake for 30 minutes until the milk has completely combined through the bars and the coconut on top is toasted. Refrigerate before cutting and serving!
(Oops I forgot to take a picture of the whole pan after baking!)