“Taco Bell” Mexican Pizza
I am addicted to Taco Bell. I feel like this isn’t an uncommon addiction, especially amongst my Indian friends, but I seriously love taco bell more than any other fast-food in the world. I can remember being super excited when my dad would take me to taco bell after a late night dance practice or a long karate tournament. YUM! YUM! YUM!
I was at a family party over the holidays and my friend (Ramya P) made homemade mexican pizzas. Honestly, brilliant idea. Why didn’t I do this before? It’s so easy. Taco bell definitely uses fried tortillas for their mexican pizzas, but in an attempt to not be totally unhealthy, these are baked.
- 1 Flour tortilla
- 1 T enchilada sauce (recipe here! or store-bought can)
- shredded jack cheese
- 1-2 T black bean dip (recipe here!)
- sour cream, cilantro, and diced tomato to garnish
- Olive oil spray
1. Lightly pierce the tortilla with a fork.
2. Spray both sides of the tortilla and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees until lightly crisped
3. Top with beans, enchilada sauce, and cheese
4. Return to the over until cheese is fully melted, about 3 minutes
5. Top with sour cream, tomato and cilantro and enjoy!
**Taco bell uses a signature red sauce which is not the same as their hot sauce. Enchilada sauce is a close approximation, but not quite as tangy.