I loveeee falafel. Few falafel places could ever compete with falafel drive-in, but I crave falafel so often that driving all the way to San Jose to get a fix doesn’t make much sense. Plus, most middle eastern places fry their falafel, which makes them super delicious, but not very healthy. These falafel are a healthier option. You can easily make them at home, freeze them, and reheat later for a quick meal. They can be served on top of a salad or in pita bread for a quick lunch.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine chickpea, onion, garlic, lemon juice, oil, cilantro, and seasonings in a food processor. You want everything to be thoroughly combines, but not forming a mushy paste, so try not to over mix!
3. Slowly pulse in the flour, in small amounts at a time so it doesn’t become lumpy.
4. Make into round balls and place on lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes, flip, and bake for another 10 minutes.
5. Serve with hummus, pita, or a salad and enjoy!
Loosely adapted from this recipe.