November was a really busy month- between a work trip to DC, applications, my sister’s wedding, etc I feel like I’ve been running around nonstop. I guess I feel that way most winters though and with the holiday season approaching, the to do list is not getting any shorter!
I made these scones last week to take to a Santacon pre-party. For those of you that don’t know, Santacon is basically a day where most of the 20-somethings in SF dress up in santa outfits and run around the city. I wanted to make something that people could snack on amidst the festivities and scones seemed morning appropriate. Plus, who says cranberries are only good for thanksgiving side dishes?
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
2. Mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder
3. Add in cold butter and combine until it breaks apart into small 1/2 cm spheres
4. Add in eggs, 3/4 C milk, lemon zest, and vanilla. Combine thoroughly.
5. Slowly fold in cranberries; avoid mixing too vigorously so they don’t squish.
6. Roll out dough on a floured surface. Cut into small triangles and place on a heavy baking sheet.
7. Brush tops with extra bit of milk and lightly dust with sugar (raw crystal sugar works well)
8. Bake for 15 minutes. Watch closely as the bottoms burn easily! Enjoy with coffee, tea, or milk!