The Superbowl is rapidly approaching and I can hardly contain my excitement!!! Normally, I am a big fan of making seven layer dip, but because the 49ers are looking to win superbowl number six this year, I figured six layer dip was more appropriate. FYI the normal seventh layer (that I skipped) is a fresh tomato pico de gallo layer. Here is a recipe you can use for this extra layer.
Anyway, this dip is incredibly easy and fun to eat and share. It’s a good party favor and hardly involves any preparation at all. Honestly, I can’t realistically call this cooking.
1. Rinse and drain beans and put in the bottom on the glass dish
2. Cut and mash avocado with salt and pepper. Layer on top of black beans.
3. Add a layer of salsa.
4. Add a layer of sour cream.
5. Add a layer of diced jalapeño.
6. Add a layer of cheese and top with cilantro to garnish.
7. Serve with chips and enjoy!