Banana chocolate walnut bread
I am NOT a fan of bananas. I generally find the texture unappealing and if they have a spot of brown on them, I refuse to eat them (much to my father’s dismay.) Banana bread is the best way to take advantage of the yucky, browning bananas and make them into something delicious and fun!
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C butter room temp
- 1.5 C flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 T vanilla
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts
- 1/2 C choc chips (semi-sweet)
- 4-5 blackened bananas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Cream together sugar and butter on low (or by hand)
3. Add in vanilla, bananas, and lightly beaten eggs.
4. In a separate bowl whisk together salt, flour, and baking soda.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet slowly while combining thoroughly .
6. Mix in the walnut and the chocolate chips
7. Bake in a bread pan for 35 minutes until lightly browned. Let cool before cutting and serving. Enjoy as a snack or in the morning with a cup of coffee!!