I absolutely love brunch. It is a great way to reunite with friends, recap the week or weekend’s events, and enjoy great food and drink. One of my favorite brunch items is the bloody mary (well actually, I would drink them at all times of the day). When I was younger, I thought they were weird- all that tomato juice mixed with vodka? Yuck. But as I’ve gotten older, I’ve come to appreciate their spicy flavor and their unique hangover curability.
I hosted a brunch last weekend and needed to create the perfect bloody mary bar with all the necessary fixings. Here’s what I think your bloody mary bar should include!
Now, there is no recipe to follow when making a bloody, but here is what I do. *Note all my measurements are approximate.
1. Rim a glass with lemon and then dip it in paprika or cayenne for a bright red rim
2. Add in 1-2 shots of vodka & 1 shot of brine (from the olives)
3. Add in Salt (1 t), Pepper, hot sauce (about 1 T), and cayenne (1 t.)
4. Stir thoroughly and then add in juice of two slices lemon and lime, the celery and some garnishes
5. Fill the cup with ice and then top with the tomato juice
6. Stir and serve!