Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache Cupcakes
Chocolate peanut butter cupcakes with chocolate ganache
When I was a kid, my favorite part of valentine’s day was getting tons and tons of chocolate and sugary candies to eat all day at school. There is no such thing as too much chocolate in my opinion. These cupcakes are a great chocolatey treat for Valentine’s day or otherwise. I adapted a recipe found here. These would be great with another filling (coconut, raspberry, custard, etc.) if peanut butter isn’t your style.
- 1.5 C Cake flour (sifted)
- 1/2 C butter
- 1.5 C sugar
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 T instant coffee
- 3 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 C chocolate milk
- 1 C peanut butter
- 1/4 C powdered sugar
- 1/4 C heavy cream
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F
2. Cream together butter and sugar
3. Add in eggs, vanilla, and cocoa powder until thoroughly combined.
4. Mix in milk and sifted flour, baking soda, baking powder, coffee, and salt.
5. Fill 18 cupcake liners 3/4 full.
6. Bake for 25 minutes until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool and core each cupcake. I discuss cupcake coring in this post from a few months ago.
8. Melt peanut butter and combine with powdered sugar. Fill each cupcake core as fully as possible.
9. Heat heavy cream to a low simmer, but do not allow it to boil.
10. Pour the hot cream over the bittersweet chocolate and whisk thoroughly.
11. Allow to sit for 10 minutes so the ganache thickens but is still pourable.
12. Dip each cupcake in the ganache and top with sprinkles.
Using cake flour is way better than all-purpose flour for fluffy & light cupcakes
(filled peanut butter centers)
(dipping the cupcakes in ganache)