Almond & Date Energy Bites
I never would have considered myself a date person, but I seriously love these little energy bites. They are a great snack at my desk or before/after a workout and they’re healthy. My cousin had asked me how to make them, so I finally got around to writing this up; it’s so easy it hardly counts as cooking!
- 10 dates (pitted)
- 2 T almond butter (can substitute an alternate nut butter- I love cashew!)
- 1/3 C cocoa powder or chocolate protein powder
1. Remove the seed from the dates using a sharp knife.
2. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or magic bullet until smooth. Small bits of date will remain, but you don’t want any chunks. If you need, add in 1 T of water to help.
3. Roll the dough into balls using your palms, about the size of a ping pong ball.
4. Arrange on a foil wrapped baking sheet and place in the freezer for an hour. I prefer them cold, but you can enjoy them at room temperature too!
Makes about 12-14 pieces!