I love snack foods, but sometimes it’s hard to resist opening a bag of chips and feeling hungry again 20 minutes later. This recipe fulfills my (constant) chocolate craving and still doesn’t make me feel like I’m cheating. I especially love them on weeks like this where I am exhausted and constantly running around.
- 1/2 C old fashioned oats raw
- 1/2 C almond butter (I used Justin’s almond butter which I got free from Thrive!!)
- 1/2 C sweetend coconut flakes, toasted
- 1/3 C flaxseed meal
- 1/2 C semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 t vanilla extract
Also, shout out to my friend Nick who introduced me to the website Thrive Market. Thrive is an online market for organic products. The prices are very reasonable and you get a free Justin’s almond butter just for signing up. Check it out!
1. Toast coconut flakes lightly over the stove in a dry pan. They should become aromatic but not brown.
2. Combine oats, coconut, chocolate chips, flax, vanilla, and almond butter.
3. Form into balls and place in a baking pan.
4. Refrigerate 1 hour and enjoy!
*For transport, I recommend a wax lined tupperware!