Baked Sweet Potato Chips
Sweet potato fries are SO delicious, but the restaurant ones we all love and adore are just packed with oil and salt and things we probably don’t want to eat regularly. Baking sweet potato chips (chips, like american chips, not fries) at home is a great way to enjoy the sweet and crispy taste of sweet potatoes without the guilt. They’re great by themselves or to dip and only require a few easy steps.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 tsp (garlic) salt- regular salt if you prefer
- 1 tsp cayenne
- Use a mandolin slicer to cut thin, even pieces of sweet potato. I used the ruffled blade because its pretty, but totally not necessary. If you don’t have a slicer, just try to stay thin and consistent. The thicker you cut them, the more risk you have of uneven cooking or burning some, while others are still soft
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and cayenne.
- Bake in a preheated 275 oven for 1.5 hours. Toss once at the 45 minute mark and if your oven runs hot, reduce the temperature. The longer and lower you bake these, the crispier they will come out. Think “low and slow” and you’ll be all good!
- Serve with a dip of your choice (I went with hummus and tatziki dips- recipes attached) and enjoy!