One of my coworkers turned 21 today so I needed to come up with an alcoholic pastry that I could easily transport. This is actually my favorite chocolate cake recipe, but today I decided to go with a chocolate cupcakes with Kahlua buttercream frosting. They are fun and easy to make…Enjoy!
- 1.25 C Flour
- 1 C white sugar
- 1/2 C unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 C butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t baking power
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 pudding cup
Kahlua Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 C butter
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 1.5 C Kahlua
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Cream together butter and sugar
3. Add in all other dry ingredients for the cake (flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa)
4. Slowly add in the milk, eggs, vanilla, pudding. The pudding will make the cake nice and moist.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 18 minutes.
6. Remove from the over and quickly poke holes in the top of each cupcake with a fork.
7. Add one teaspoon of the Kahlua to the top of each cupcake and then bake for 2 additional minutes.
1. Whip butter on high using a stand-mixer or hand-mixer.
2. Gradually add in sugar and mix on low.
3. Add in 1 C of Kahlua and combine completely until the frosting is set.
4. Frost cupcakes and enjoy!!