So first off, sorry for the huge blogging lag. Basically I’ve been spending a bunch of time trying to move my website from tumblr to wordpress (with the help of an amazing task rabbit) and getting ready for my upcoming trip to New Orleans for the Society for Neuroscience conference. I’m really excited to go to NOLA because a) I’ve never been before and b) I absolutely love creole flavors and cannot wait to try them at the authentic local spots. YUM!
Anyway, here’s a really good recipe for some pumpkin cupcakes with cheesecake frosting. It’s loosely based off the recipe from Martha Stewart but I tried to change it up to make it a little less bad for your arteries. I also think baking something orange is good given that my giants need as much love as they can get right now!!
- 2 Cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup white sugar
- 1/2 C packed light brown sugar
- 1 t salt
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 3/4 C butter
- 1 T cinnamon
- 2 t nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 1 can of pumpkin (I use Libby’s)
1. Preheat oven to 325 F
2. Cream together butter and sugar in a mixer. Slowly add in eggs one by one
3. In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients. Add them to the mixer in small amounts and thoroughly combine.
4. Add 1 can of pumpkin and mix thoroughly so you don’t get streaky cupcakes. The texture should be light and airy.
5. Put into linked cupcake tins and bake for 22 minutes.
6. Allow cupcakes to cool and core centers. I use this AMAZING cupcake corer from Cuisipro which will make a perfect hole in the center of your cupcake.
7. Fill with cream cheese frosting. I didn’t have enough cream cheese at home to make fresh frosting so I just used some that was store bought. I’ll post an easy cream cheese frosting recipe later!