It’s no secret that I love love love chipotle. It’s just one of those guilty pleasure foods that always hits the spot. Last year, Chipotle introduced Sofritas to their menu, a spicy vegan tofu filling for their burritos or tacos. I really enjoy the hearty the flavor of their Sofritas, but unfortunately, the Chipotle version is really high in sodium: almost 600 mg in a serving. This is my healthier home-made take on their sofritas filling, which is incredibly easy to make and flavorful.
1. Heat olive oil in a skillet
2. Add in onions and garlic and sautee
3. Add in chipotle in adobo peppers, cumin, and paprika. Mixed thoroughly and cook for a few minutes.
4. Add in bell pepper, black beans, salt, and tofu. Combine thoroughly so the tofu crumbles into the mixture. Cook on low for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top with cilantro before serving.
5. Serve on a heated tortilla with salsa, lettuce, cheese, and normal taco fillings. I served mine in a tortilla with a creamy tomatillo salsa (recipe to follow). Enjoy!!