I am not a huge fan of easter desserts, mainly because I think its weird to make adorable bunnies or chicks and then eat them. Sooo this year I decided to take advantage of the amazing fresh fruit that’s available (yay California) and made some blueberry crumbles. Honestly, these are pretty easy and SO tasty- especially while they are warm out of the oven.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
2. Combine all filling ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. Try to avoid super-tart blueberries or add a little extra sugar to the crust if the only available berries are very tart.
3. In a mixer or separate bowl combine flour, brown sugar, white sugar, zest, salt, and baking powder.
4. Add in the egg and butter slowly to the dry ingredients and combine thoroughly.
5. Spray a 10 x 15 inch pan with non stick spray. Press half of the dough into the bottom of the pan, pour the berry mixture on top and then cover loosely with the remaining dough crumble mixture.
6. Bake for 45 minutes. Cool a little before cutting and serving (the berries will get quite hot in the oven) but can be very tasty if served with vanilla ice cream!