Things that can be made all in one pot are the best. Seriously. It’s so much easier when you don’t have to do a ton of dishes when you are cooking on a weeknight. I’ve previously professed my love for one-pot meals here! This recipe is easy, delicious, and can serve a crowd.
- 1 lb ground chicken (can be made vegetarian- just substitute black beans/diced veggies)
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 T taco seasoning
- 10 oz can enchilada sauce
- 10 oz water (or chicken stock)
- 2 C rotini or penne pasta
- 2 C shredded cheese
- cilantro to garnish
1. Cook chicken with taco seasoning, onions and garlic until browned evenly.
2. Add in pasta, water, and enchilada sauce. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce to low heat and cover. Cook for 15 minutes (until almost all liquid is absorbed)
4. Add in 1 cup of cheese and combine.
5. Turn off heat and top with remaining cheese and cilantro. Cover to allow residual heat to melt the cheese topping.
6. Serve immediately and enjoy!!
Adapted from this recipe! Makes 3 large servings!