Yes, I have already explained my dislike for browning bananas pretty extensively in this post on Banana chocolate walnut bread. That is a great recipe to get rid of some browning bananas and make a sweet, delicious snack. Unfortunately, with the combination of the chocolate, the white sugar, the butter, it’s not the healthiest option. This recipe is a much healthier alternative with a lot less sweetness, but an amazing moist texture.
- 1 C white flour
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 C flaxseed meal
- 1/2 C butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 C chopped walnuts
- 4-5 browning/old bananas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Combine sugar and butter thoroughly.
3. Mix in vanilla, two eggs, and bananas
4. Add in and mix the dry ingredients: flour, flaxseed meal, salt, cinnamon, baking soda.
5. Mix in half the quantity of walnuts. Pour the batter into a lightly sprayed bread pan and top with the other half of the walnuts.
6. Bake for 45 minutes and allow to cool before serving. I had a little extra batter so I made muffins; they only need to bake for 20 minutes.
7. Serve with coffee or tea and enjoy!!