There is a restaurant called Local Kitchen right around the corner from my house and they serve the most amazing dijon caper brussel sprouts. I’ve tried to recreate them about 10 times and feel like I’ve finally come up with a good recipe that pretty closely replicates the flavor. I’m pretty sure their brussel sprouts are fried, but to make this a little healthier I decided to bake mine.
- 20 brussel sprouts (cut in halves)
- 2 T capers
- 2 T olive oil + extra to for baking
- 1 T dijon mustard
- juice of half a lemon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut the brussel sprouts in half and spread out in a lined baking sheet.
3. Drizzle brussels with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes. (I think 20 minutes gives it a nice crispy roast so it’s *almost as good as frying)
4. Combine 2 T olive with the capers, dijon mustard, and lemon in a blender. Mix thoroughly!
5. Pour the sauce over the brussel sprouts, and mix thoroughly.
6. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving and enjoy!