I absolutely love cheesecake and am positive that I can make 100 variations of it without getting bored. This is a recipe for a dense baked blueberry cheesecake that I made for a coworker’s birthday- Happy birthday Dora! The recipe is pretty simple and carries well in case you want to whip up a quick dessert to take to a party or a picnic. I carried mine for an hour on the train with no problem! Plus, the blueberries that are currently available right now at most Bay Area farmer’s markets are just too good to pass up.
1. Combine melted butter and graham cracker crumbs and press into a spring form pan. Bake at 325 F for 10 mins.
2. In a mixer, thoroughly combine room temperature cream cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, and sugar.
3. Add in the egg and mix completely.
4. Pour mixture into cooled graham cracker crust and cover with blueberries.
5. Bake at 325 F for 25 minutes until the filling has hardened somewhat but still moved in the center. Allow the cheesecake to cool fully and the refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Recipe adapted from Tyler Florence.