It is sometimes hard to find the motivation to cook after a really long work day. I am super happy whenever I find a good recipe that can be made quickly and easily with as little clean up as possible. I know it’s easy to sacrifice flavor or healthiness when you are looking for something quick, but hopefully this recipe can be added to your arsenal of good after-work meals. I made this recipe for myself, but it could easily serve two people… so yes, I did eat if for lunch the next day.
1. In a deep pot, heat 1 T of olive oil. Add in the couscous and sauté lightly for 3-5 mins (package instructions may vary.)
2. Add in garlic, ginger, and spinach and sauté for 3 minutes until leaves soften.
3. Add water, tomatoes, onions, salt, & chili flakes to the pot.
4. Cover and allow to cook for 15 minutes, stirring once every 5 minutes to avoid any sticking.
5. Transfer to a plate to cool down. Top with the remaining 1 T olive oil, basil, and parmesan for taste. ENJOY!
Adapted from a recipe for one-pot tomato farro on Smitten Kitchen (a great blog you should definitely check out) and thought I could improve it with a more accessible grain, the addition of spinach, and some extra seasonings for a little richer flavor. Enjoy!