PF Changs may not be authentic Chinese food, but I must admit, I really really love it. I’m a HUGE fan of their veggie lettuce wraps and hot & sour soup. The wraps are warm, a little spicy, and filled with yumminess that you don’t have to feel too guilty about enjoying. Plus, lettuce wraps make an easy party appetizer! I’ve been making lettuce wraps for years, so I was surprised when I realized I had never posted the recipe.
- 1 T sesame oil
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 t grated ginger
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 bell pepper diced
- 1/2 C diced mushrooms (I used shittake)
- 6 ounces firm tofu crumbled
- 1.5 T hoisin sauce
- 1-2 T chili paste/chili garlic sauce
- 1 t sugar
- 4 T soy sauce
- 2 t rice wine vinegar
- lettuce, lemon, crumbled peanuts and green onions for serving
1. Heat sesame oil in a pan and sautee onions, ginger, and garlic until translucent
2. Add in crumbled tofu and lightly brown (1 min)
3. Combine hoisin, chili paste, sugar, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar until thoroughly coating the tofu. Allow to cook on medium heat for 3-5 minutes while occasionally stirring to avoid sticking.
4. Add in bell pepper and mushroom and mix completely. Cook for 3-4 minutes until bell pepper is soft.
5. Transfer to a bowl and top with peanuts, green union, and lemon wedges.
6. Serve immediately in boats of lettuce! Enjoy!
**Makes about 10 lettuce wraps.